Tuesday, April 5, 2011

{{Get Out the Garden Tools}}


I LOVE this photo…it’s my inspiration shot to get me moving and working in the garden!
Spring has SPRUNG! It is time to get out in the yard, do some clean-up, some trimming and plant your garden.  Maybe you’re scared of gardening, maybe you think your thumb is more black than green, well be encouraged my friends, you can do it!
Even I, yes I, went to the garden shop the other day to buy some seeds! I was leafing through a gardening issue that Martha Stewart put out the other month and I have anxiously been waiting for this cold weather to go away. Now that the cherry blossoms are blooming it’s a pretty good sign that spring has arrived! So Tim and I are going to work out in the garden over the next couple weeks to start to get things “Spring Ready.”
My plan is to do a little vegetable patch in my backyard and to add a few more herbs to my garden this year. Because I have limited space and I like things to grow fast (are you surprised? I admit I am not always the most patient lady. That’s why I have a large amount of miracle grow for my flowers in my garage!) I have asked Tim to help me make some homemade boxes to grow some veggies in. Hint: Boxes that are elevated off the ground will help the soil heat up and will help your plants grow faster.
Over the next few weeks, stay tuned for some great gardening inspiration, I have found a number of blogs with excellent tips on how to get going in your own garden.
Martha Stewart has some great information on starting your own vegetable garden, everything from seed starting, planting and garden prep to a vegetable garden glossary. Check it out:
Don’t have a big backyard? No problem! Container gardening, indoor vegetable gardens and “square foot gardening” is simple and easy to do.
Have you had gardening success? If so, I’d love to hear your tips and ideas, please feel free to leave a comment.
Happy Planting!
Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment