Sunday, December 19, 2010

{{ Christmas Gifts }}

Christmas has somehow snuck up on us again this year – seems like just yesterday I was walking down the aisle back in July!  Nevertheless, December = Christmas and Christmas = gift giving. 

We’ve all got at least one person that stumps us year after year.  They have everything, they don’t need another tie or wallet, no more perfume or purses; so WHAT DO we get those hard to buy for people in our lives????

This year I am excited to give a gift, or two, or three. Gifts that will serve a greater good…even more than the loveliest bottle of perfume that keeps you smelling oh so sweet! 

On my website I feature a page called “More Too Life” where I share my heart and dreams for making an impact on the lives of others.  One of the organizations I feature is Gospel for Asia and their “From the Stable” gift program.

Why not try adding a pair of chickens or rabbits to every gift you give? Or, use them as stocking stuffers.  Buy that hard to shop for friend or family member a goat!  Ha, I am POSITIVE they’ve never received a goat for Christmas before.  It’s not only a memorable gift, but one that serves a great purpose by providing families throughout Asia with valuable livestock resources that offer them income and a food source. 

How about hosting a holiday party and everyone contribute $5 or $10? Pool all your money together and put it towards purchasing a well to provided fresh and safe water.

Remember the meaning behind the Christmas season, sit back, relax and celebrate!  Enjoy all gifts, big and small, and surprise someone this holiday by making their gift one that will last long after the Christmas decorations have been packed away.

For more information on Gospel for Asia, and the other organizations I am passionately supporting visit my website at www.homeswithlacey.com and click on the More Too Life tab on my homepage.

To start you holiday shopping with “From the Stable” visit: www.gfa.org/donation/items/from-the-stable

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas,

Lacey Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment