Tuesday, May 10, 2011

{{The Three In One DIY Project}}

Ok, you're going to love this one...I promise.  It combines two of my favourite things: burlap (or in your case, maybe a fabric you L O V E) and creativity. And just in case you're wondering I have lots of both!

In my never-ending search to find you some awesome and creative home decor ideas I came across a a bulletin board makeover done two ways...and I thought I would share them both with you.  The reason I liked them is because they do TRIPLE duty, three in one, yep, that's my kind'a deal!

1. They are pretty - we all need some pretty in our house
2. They are practical - they are functional and will help keep you organized
3. They take up wall space and can easily be "art" - and lets face it, artwork is expensive, so this is great!

The first one is from "Hodge Podge" - a local Vancouver blog....Barbara does some awesome DIY projects, including recovering a bulletin board with burlap.  Check it out:


To see how she did it step by step follow this link:

The next one is from Canadian designer Sarah Richardson, and was recently featured on an episode of her show "Sarah 101":

An inexpensive mirror (let's think Sally Anne, Value Village or Craigslist!) was removed from it's frame and then fabric was glued to foam core and re-inserted into the frame.  Beautiful, practical and fills up the wall space perfectly.

Both versions of the DIY bulletin board are simple, practical and easy to do.  They also add a bit of character and interest to your home that you can easily take with you if you ever decide to move.  And if moving is in your near future, don't hesitate to give me a call!

*Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment